Location - Leeds
Salary - Competitive
Deadline - 1 September 2020
Summary of responsibilities:
The Finance Manager will be expected to operate as the Finance Director (FD) and the Company Secretary of their projects. This role will support the General Manager (GM) of the relevant projects in the effective delivery of the SPV’s statutory and contractual obligations.
- Ensure compliance with contractual documentation, statutory and regulatory frameworks and agreed programmes and procedures.
- Attend monthly management accounts reviews and instruct the Accounting Team by providing the project specific financial procedures and information.
- Instruct the Accounting Team of payments to be made to shareholders and senior debt providers.
- Manage the payment authorisation process.
- Undertake regular reviews of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations.
- Manage the business planning and operating financial model update process, including presentation to the Board and securing funder approval.
- Manage the key stakeholder relationships including the Board, Funder, account bank, client finance representative and rating agencies.
- Act as Company Secretary in accordance with HCP’s Company Secretarial Handbook, including advising the Board on their statutory and fiduciary duties.
- Contribute to the preparation of the Board report, including the finance report and executive summary.
- Attend Board meetings and present the finance report.
- Manage the tax affairs of the SPV.
- Maintain and update the Projects’ financial and company secretarial policies.
- Advise the Board of risks and opportunities and make recommendations for actions.
- Manage the financial aspects of any project commercial activity (variations, lifecycle expenditure, benchmarking, market testing), ensuring correct reflection in the financial models and the project documentation.
- Ensure the financial model is consistent with all contractual, commercial and regulatory obligations.
- Manage aged debtors and aged creditors and resolution of overdue items.
- Review and approve sales invoices, agreeing adjustments to the UC invoice with the client.
- Manage the statutory audit process and secure approval of the statutory accounts.
- Ensure that actions identified from the internal audit programme are completed.
- Manage the insurance renewal programme.
- Review insurance cost sharing calculations and secure agreement with the SPV client.
- Review the annual operating budget and reconcile to the operating financial model prior to presentation to the Board and Funders.
- Engage the support of the commercial finance team and modelling team on key relevant matters.
- Review the SPV risk register with the GM, advise operations team on financial matters and attend service review and client liaison meetings as required.
- Deputise in the absence of the GM.
- Participate in the development of the finance function, team and systems.
- Carry out other duties that fall within professional expertise.
This job description is intended to reflect, in outline, the responsibilities of the post-holder which may change over time with the business needs of HCP. It will therefore be subject to periodic review.
WE WANT YOU
Working at HCP offers great benefits and exciting career journeys for all. If your skills meet the description and you like the sound of our ethos, apply today, or contact [email protected] for more information.
Apply For Role
Please send us your name, contact details, CV and cover letter here.