Location - MOD Main Building, London
Salary - Competitive
Deadline - July 31 2019
This role is responsible for planning and delivering the annual programme of lifecycle projects, on budget and to the agreed quality standards: defining project aims and objectives and overseeing quality control throughout the life of each project. The role will further:
- Acquire resources, relevant contractors or consultants and coordinate efforts of all team members.
- Provide technical input to contract variation activities.
- Support the Asset Manager to ensure that lifecycle and maintenance costings of variations are appropriate and consistent with contractual obligations.
- Programme Management
- Direct and manage programme development from beginning to end.
- Identify and manage project risks.
- Ensure that appropriate consent and authorisation are obtained prior to works commencing, including lender and statutory approvals in accordance with the PFI Contract documents.
- Manage and maintain the Works Programme.
- Establish and manage regular reviews of each individual project with distinct action and progress measures.
- Adhere to output specifications of each individual projects, if applicable, with reference to professional teams and advisors.
- Monitor, record and manage the change process of each project.
- Ensure reporting is timely, accurate and in accordance with contractual obligations.
- Assist with lifecycle planning.
- Provide guidance, progress, design, user group, and pre-start meetings, chairing and presenting where required.
- Provide accurate, relevant and timely information to individual Project Boards and for Project Co Board Meetings.
- Maintain awareness of developments in Project and Programme Management best practice and communicate good and bad examples.
- Ensure all projects are delivered in accordance with H&S, environmental, quality management and commercial requirements.
- Where required support out of hours and weekend working in relation to projects that demand this level of management and resource.
- Develop best practice and tools for project execution and management.
- Define and direct individual responsibilities of wider project team (encompassing further relevant parties) as projects develop.
Job Description and Person Specification
- Report on project and contractor performance in a defined and standardised manner.
- Review and authorise Impact Assessment documentation.
- Liaise with the Project Co insurance company.
- Ensure HSAW legislation is fully observed at all times and that HCP’s HSAW policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Assist with long term planning for asset management.
- Abide by the confidentially policies of the Authority.
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise the Project Team members and contractors, and influence them to take positive action and accountability of their assigned work.
- Contribute to HCP corporate activities including attendance at and participation in, centralised specialist groups meetings.
- Ensure sustainability issues and the Modus sustainability agenda are addressed initially during the project identification stage and are reported on throughout the life of each project.
- Ensure the duties, under CDM 2015, of the Principal Designer and Principal Contractor, are fulfilled where required.
Participate in the orientation program for new HCP staff.
This job description is intended to reflect, in outline, the responsibilities of the post-holder which may change over time with the Corporate and local business needs of HCP and the particular PFI contract. It will therefore, be subject to periodic review.
We want you
Working at HCP offers great benefits and exciting career journeys for all. If your skills meet the description and you like the sound of our ethos, apply today, or contact email@example.com for more information.
Apply For Role
Please send us your name, contact details, CV and cover letter here.