Tunbridge Wells Hospital

Tunbridge Wells

Project Value - £225m

Project Sector - Health

UK

About The Project

The project reached Financial Close in March 2008, with 40% of the hospital buildings being handed over to the Trust in November 2010, the remaining 60% followed in May 2011. The final part of the project was the newly cleared and landscaped site which was handed over in September 2012.

Tunbridge Wells Hospital now houses 550 emergency beds, pre-planned complex/cancer surgery, trauma care, women and children’s centres, orthopaedic surgery ward, radiotherapy and chemotherapy facilities. The new hospital stands on the site of the old Pembury General Hospital that dated back to the 1870’s.  The hospital has been designed to take advantage of the steep natural sloping site by having three floors to the North and six/seven floors to the South.

 

Similar Projects

Pinderfields & Pontefract Hospitals

£320m

UK

The Pinderfields and Pontefract combined hospital project involves the operational and FM service delivery of a combined 850 bed facility on behalf of Consort Healthcare which provides services for Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust in two single buildings.

More Information
Pinderfields & Pontefract Hospitals

Coventry and Warwickshire Hospitals

£372m

UK

University Hospital Coventry is an acute healthcare facility with 1076 beds and Coventry and Warwickshire Partnership Trust provides mental health services with 103 beds on the Walsgrave site.

More Information
Coventry and Warwickshire Hospitals

CHUM University of Montreal Hospital

£1.4bn

Canada

Health Montreal Collective LP

More Information
CHUM University of Montreal Hospital